Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest began on October 11, 1938, when three visionary women met with their pastor to discuss creating a greater mission consciousness in the Seattle area. At that time the organization was named the Lutheran Missionary Society.
Chaplains were called to provide pastoral and spiritual care to the hurting, the sick, the lonely, the elderly, the dying and the imprisoned. Volunteers gave their time and a board of directors was formed to take on the role of developing LMSN into a true non-profit organization.
A video about our history can be found above.
Even though the name has changed, the mission of LMSN remains the same, and the desire to touch more lives continues.